Are you experiencing the following?
- When launching Postknight 2, the game just shows a black screen even after waiting for a while
- The splash screen does not appear and the game just stays on the black screen
This happens due to an installation error, and some of our game files get corrupted during the installation process. Unfortunately, this can sometimes happen when updating the game, here are some steps that should solve this issue!
Please try ALL of the following:
- Try clearing the cache and data from the Google Play Services and from the Download Manager. The related steps for both can be found here: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7513003 (under "Clear cache & data from Google Play Services" and "Clear cache & data from Download Manager").
- Similarly, try clearing the Play Store app's cache and data. The steps are described on this website: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7513003 (under: “Clear the cache & data of the Play Store”).
- Updating your Android OS to the latest version (installing any updates that are available, even minor ones).
- Checking if your Google Play Store app is up to date.
- Checking the separate Google Play Services app and see if that might need updating. The related steps can be found here: https://www.androidpit.com/install-google-play-services-apk
- Making sure that Download Manager is enabled (it’s mentioned on this page: https://www.nextpit.com/google-play-not-working#manager)
If all previous steps fail, you can also try deleting the folder where the OBB file should go and then installing Postknight 2 again. Here's how to do that:
- Search for the folder by using the Android “Files” app.
- You’ll need to tap the 3 dots in the top right and make sure “Internal Storage” is visible.
- In the search bar, just put “obb”. You should see an OBB folder.
- Within that there will be a folder for “com.kurechii.postknight2” (this folder should normally contain the OBB file, but is probably empty for you).
- Delete this folder and try downloading the game again.